Saturday, March 13, 2010

David D. Day

Friday, 12 March 2010, David D. Day

Who is David D.?

David D. (David DeAngelo) is an author, an American entrepreneur. but he is so much more than that.. he is the person behind several coaching programs dealing with women and dating. indeed, David D. is a "dating guru". what does this mean? it basically means that he teaches guys how to be more successful with girls. but this very notion -success- differs for every man. what is my definition of success, doesn't necessarily have to be your idea of what success ought to be. for some men, "success" with women implies a lot of one-night stand. while for others, it means maintaining a long-term romantic relationship.

David D. developed several concepts and theories regarding the topic of attracting women. he is known for his infamous quote Attraction isn't a choice, meaning that women can not be bribed into choosing to feel attraction. instead, women will automatically -and instantly- feel attraction when she perceives a man to have certain characteristics such as confidence, charm, humor, independence etc.

You might ask yourself if I (or anyone else for that matter) would actually "need" assistance/help from a dating guru. the answer to this question is no. I don't necessarily need help from other guys telling me how to be more successful with girls. after all, I've been with girls loooong before I ever heard of David D. but on the other hand, why would I abstain myself from this knowledge? it is true that I don't like to be in a "student" position, I would feel much more comfortable being a teacher. but as the saying goes; a good teacher needs to study too.

In my perspective, all knowledge and information -whether it's about self-development, sport, women and dating- is welcome as long as it adds some value to my life.

When I first started to deepen myself into this "PUA" shit, the more it fascinated me. as time went by, the more I involved myself in the topic. matter of fact, I learned all kinds of new things about women, approaching, interacting, sexual communication, body language etc. and after a while I started developing my own concepts and theories.

As I was reviewing David D.'s material, I thought to myself that it would be funny to meet up with some friends and just watch a David D. seminar on dvd. but instead of watching the dvd with some friends at someone's house, I made reservations at the Vrije Universiteit, hired a conference room -fully equipped; flatscreen tv, audio, lights- for our workshop-meeting and for all day we were examining, discussing and evaluating David D.'s material!

Make no mistake though, I don't take this material too seriously. I am no dating guru, I am not here to help you with your girl-problems. for me, hiring a conference room and watching David D. is just another way of chilling. it's all amusing and entertaining! in short: this day was just very fun and informative! maybe more hilarious than informative ;p
The man himself

Making the commitment